Sunday, July 31, 2011

Beauty & Grace


"Take time to be awed."
~ The Reverend Kathryn Jarvis



Kathryn Jarvis was my spiritual teacher for over 15 years. She dropped her body and made her transition in the early 1990's. She embodied Enlightenment, Grace, Beauty, and a depth of understanding of Truth that awakened any who were seeking It. Such understanding allows for simple and brief phrases to speak tombs.

This past few weeks have been fairly stressful; all good, yet demanding. As I was thinking about them and the next few, which promise to be equally demanding, the above quote popped into my mind. Such a simple statement, yet as I came across the above photo of our youngest grand daughter, I was instantly reminded of the joy and freedom inherent in the exhilarating soaring of a ride on a swing, and the emptying of any other thought in one's head aside from the grace of being present.

My head cleared, and the demands of the week seem like the next things to do, things to be grateful for: mostly, they are nice problems to have!

I was sitting on my deck a couple of weeks ago, and a hummingbird came out of nowhere, as they are want to do, and hovered about 6 inches from my face for about one minute, then took off like the feathered flying roadrunner that it is.

When you have a minute, look up, find that beautiful and graceful thing that is close at hand, and take a minute to be awed. It could be awed by you, too.

1 comment:

nneuhausel said...

I thought this was a particularly beautiful sentiment and is helping me to start off my week in such a positive way. One of our grand daughters, Tatum had her 6th birthday this weekend and the wonderful fun of a water slide and all of the kids (big and small, young and old) enjoying life made for a beautiful scene similar to the perspective of the blog!!