Thursday, April 19, 2012

Jake


Jake
1995 - 2012



He had a way of looking at you until you understood what he was saying. I loved how he would reach up his paws onto the couch to be picked up as I sat quietly writing in my journal. His soft purring soothing, leaning his pristine white self against my leg, while he looked over the space of the room as if holding court.

I stand on my back deck overlooking the canyon and there is a hawk soaring elegantly on the breeze of this beautiful summery afternoon. It seems to me that Jake's spirit is soaring onward just like that.

Thank you for being in our lives, for all of your love, and for being such a great good joy and solace these 17 years.

Peaceful ongoing to you, dear, beautiful, loving old friend.

1 comment:

nneuhausel said...

Jake is a beautiful and wonderful guy. What a remarkable tribute. I love Jake and he is now at peace as his spirit soars over the canyon. Thanks Laura for being who you are and caring so much. I will always remember Jake who welcomed me into his family from the beginning. Love, Nick